Thursday, March 13, 2014

Tarte Amazonian Clay Airbrush Foundation & Airbuki Brush Review


It's no secret that I absolutely LOVE Tarte Cosmetics. They are a "gentle naturals" cosmetic company & I have always had wonderful luck with their products! I always love having a reliable powder foundation for the quick days of just needing to even out skin tone, pop on some blush & mascara & head out the door. But this one is so MUCH more than that. It's super amazing coverage & so beautiful on the skin! More of a demi-matte. Think healthy looking skin. I'm so down with that! I would rather look "healthy" than completely matte & flat looking.
So the packaging is super great!!! It's a loose powder that has a sweet little mesh barrier so things don't get crazy messy. The Airbuki brush they suggest to use with it fits in the space perfectly & applies this powder like a dream.

Fair-Light Neutral Shade

I have used this with only a primer & used it to set a foundation. I actually prefer it with just a primer b/c it has such a great natural look & looks really light on the skin & just look so healthy. If I do set my foundation with it, it's a lighter coverage foundation or BB so it just adds a bit more coverage if I need it & to set the liquid products.
I do still need to blot with this after about 4-5 hrs but it's not a greasy kinda blotting result. Just more "radiant" than I would like on my oily/combo skin. Once it do blot though, it looks freshly applied & I don't even need to touch it up. Just blot.
The staying powder of this powder foundation is seriously legit. As long as I blot every 4 hrs-ish, I'm good & don't even have to powder! I hate the look of so much powder on top of powder on top of powder so if I can use a product & only need to blot rather than actually touch up with powder, it's a winner for me!
I wore it the other day & took a fresh face photo!
No touchup work has been done on my skin.
This is also a shot of all the products used on my face for this look.
The lipcolor is actually a different shade than what is actually on my lips in the photo. It's "hummingbird" in the photo, but in the product photo, it's lotus pink. I picked up lotus pink that day & ended up putting it on after I took the photo.
These are definitely some of my favorite products right now.

Feel free to ask any questions about any of these products in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my god! your skin looks flawless! I need to gie it a try soon!
    Thank you dear for the amazing review!~^_^

    www.beautylish-life.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to buy this! :)

    www.ensembledeux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete