Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Becca Cosmetics- Brand Focused Review

It's no secret that when I find an product I love, I tend to drown myself in that brand.



This is one of those posts. My local JC Penny carries the Becca Cosmetics line. Lucky lady am I!
I'm gonna start off with complexion products, then move onto color & highlighters.
I first was introduced to their line with the Ever-Matte Primer.
When my skin was SUPER oily last summer, I was in LOVE with this stuff!
You have to shake it up before you depense a pea size amount on your finger tips. Then you rub it together to warm it up & then pat it into your areas of oiliness. Super amazing for absorbing oil & lasts really well throughout the day!

Their foundations are definitely some of my favorite high end foundations. 

 My first intro their foundations was the Matte Skin Shine Proof Foundations. This is the shade Buff. I am between Buff & Nude in the summer so I have to both so I can adjust it based on how much sun I get.

 As you can see, it's a thicker formula but not like a mousse. Just a nice thick cream. It does take some blending but I love using either my beauty blender or the Sigma F80 flat top kabuki to buff it out. It is a medium coverage natural matte finish. It really does control oil nicely & I never look greasy. Just a touch more dewy as the day goes on & I actually like that sometimes! I do blot a few times a day, but I always do! Especially in the Nashville heat & humidity. I really LOVE the finish of this!

Next is the Radiant Skin Foundation. I got this in the winter b/c my skin was wicked dehydrated & bc of that, it was acting oily but I couldn't use a mattifying foundation b/c it clug to my dry patches. This is the shade Shell, which is a great match for me in the Fall-Winter-First part of Spring.

 This has a demi-matte finish on my skin but gets more "radiant" as the day goes on b/c it doesn't control my oil. I will just set it with a matte powder & bring one along with me if I want a more glowy look from my foundation. Medium coverage. This one isn't as thick as the Matte Skin & has more slip. Love this one as well!!!

Finally, this foundation...ahhhh...The Ultimate Coverage Complexion Creme. I am usually NOT a fan of the words FULL COVERAGE b/c my skin is clearing up nicely & I have very minimal redness & acne anymore with my diet & skin care changes, but who doesn't LOVE to look flawless on occasion but still have your skin look like YOUR SKIN?!

This formula is the thickest formula they have. The greatest thing about it is how LITTLE you need to use to cover your face. This is a full pump right here, but I use maybe 1/4-1/2 of that for my whole face for full coverage! This foundation is not like anything I've ever tried in terms of coverage. Here is the deal...this formula contains a balance of 21 percent pure pigment and 22 percent water, which work in synergy to completely conceal imperfections, redness, hyperpigmentation, and uneven texture in a weightless cream.
That is why you need the tiniest bit & get amazing coverage & finish from it!
It's a skin-like finish but has excellent oil control. I set it with powder as I do with all my foundations & it lasts ALL DAY. Seriously long wear!!! And it comes off so easily at night with my cleanser. No breakouts from clogged pores from a long wear foundation! When a foundation finish can look like REAL skin & not like a full coverage foundation, it's pretty amazing in my book! I love this foundation! It's easily making its way into my HG category! This is the shade Buff.

Next are their powders that I love!
Perfect Skin Mineral Powder is really lovely!! It can be applied with a dense brush, like the Sigma F80 for a powder foundation with great coverage & amazing skin like look or just to set your foundation without a matte finish. I love it! I have the shade sand & it's great for me for summer.

 Blot Powder is something I always keep in my purse. It's a translucent powder & it really takes away the shine & makes my makeup look fresh again. I can't use it in the winter b/c I tend to be drier in the winter but for Spring-Fall, it's my go-to!

Oh man... now onto their highlighters. I love their pressed shimmering skin perfectors!!! I own Opal & have just gotten Moonstone the other day. Here is opal.

It is the pretties shimmer beige-gold color!!! I love it so much! It's great for all seasons even for fair skin. It's just a bit darker than moonstone, which is a very light. Here is a swatch of them next to eachother on Karen's Blog. Her skin is darker than mine but Opal is on the left & Moonstone is on the right.

Now onto some color!
I love Becca blushes! I only own one right now, Damselfly. Wild Honey is next on my list!


 It's a gorgeous peach shimmery color that is just amazing! It's super pigmented but looks so soft & natural on the cheeks! It's a great pop of color for the fall/winter & a really beautiful glowy color for the spring & summer!

I love their Beach Tints too! I have grapefruit & dragon fruit.

Dragon Fruit (on the left) is a really beautiful poppy pink color that gives the cheeks & lips a flushed bitten look & it's stunning! Grapefruit is a softer color...so much like the inside of a grapefruit. They apply beautifully & I love dusting them with a bit of the shimmering skin perfector powder to finish them. These can also be used on the lips as well!

Becca Colour Gloss is my HG lip gloss...the colors are just lovely.
left to right: palm breeze, pink lotus, hummingbird, fallen angel


I think the hummingbird & pink lotus have been my staple every day lip colors this summer. But depending on my outfit, I'll go for Palm Breeze or Fallen Angel. I will also put these over a lip stick or lip crayon to some more color & gloss. Love them SO much!!

So that is my over view of all my Becca Cosmetics products!! I absolutely ADORE this company!! Their branding is so sleek & classy & the color are fresh & natural & the quality is amazing. Not one of their products has caused my super sensitive skin to breakout. Their foundation shades are by far the best I've ever experience. 
You can find all the products below!


1 comment:

  1. Love the post! I love the Beach Tint s and the Lip Gloss, I'd like to try someone!

    ReplyDelete